Tuesday 29 May 2007

Fathers, Sons & Brothers

I know it’s hard to tell another person’s story. After all I can only relate those parts which I’m familiar with. I don’t know all the thoughts that went through dad’s mind during those last weeks of his life. I only know the results. He found the truth and he believed it. He gave up on his lifetime of religion and put his complete faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. And that’s enough to save anyone, even a seventy-three year old dying man who simply asked God to show him the truth.

So now my father is also my brother, in Christ. Dad and I are both sons of God. Jesus is now our Brother and God is our Father (hence the title). And I will meet my dad again, soon, when I die or when the Lord Jesus comes back, as He said He would. So, although I should have been very sad over the death of my father I found my grief was short-lived. How could I stay sad when I considered where my father had gone to? When I shed a tear for him these days, it’s because I miss him. I still thank God for having mercy on an old man. God is love and I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to know for sure that my dad found out in time! God loved my dad so much that he sent His only begotten Son to die on a cross for him.

No comments: